Inventions:
McCutchen Total Hip
Replacement Prosthesis

McCutchen HA Total Hip
Replacement Prosthesis

Nexus Total Hip
Replacement Prosthesis

Posted on February 17th, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Dr. McCutchen is the President and Chairman of the Board of Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic. He specializes in hip surgery.

"I'm a hip guy. That's all I do. That's all I've ever done. I've done about 6,000 total hip replacements. I really enjoy doing it, and I know everything there is to know about it."

He's the inventor of the McCutchen Total Hip Replacement Prosthesis, the McCutchen HA Total Hip Replacement Prosthesis and the Nexus Total Hip Replacement Prosthesis.

Dr. McCutchen wrote the very first article that showed you could bond bone directly to titanium, and now it's the way most hip surgeries are done.

When he meets new patients, he says they always ask him if he'll be the one doing their surgery. He is. He says he loves doing it and never tires of drastically changing a patient's life.

He says when they come in to see him six weeks after their surgeries, they're off their canes and he can see a big difference in their faces -- they're finally living pain-free.

He says sometimes the happiest people are the patient's family members because suddenly they're much happier people.

"It's not enjoyable to hurt with every step."

Find out why he says he has the best surgical team in the country and why he believes Jewett's specialized system of care makes them one of the best practices anywhere.

Jewett Exclusives - Physician Bios, Subspecialties, Subspecialties - Joint Replacement

hip replacement - nexus total hip replacement prosthesis - hip surgery - total hip replacement - mccutchen total hip replacement prosthesis - mccutchen ha total hip replacement prosthesis - john mccutchen

Email thisRSS feed of this content

Post this video to a site:

Bookmark on:
Community Powered by Bolder Health

Jewett History

Jewett has been providing innovative care for over 75 years. See our timeline of progressive leadership. View Timeline »

© 2011 All Rights Reserved. Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic, P.A. by FliteHaus Site Login