Contact Jewett Notice of Privacy Practices

Hugh B. Morris, M.D.

Hugh B. Morris, M.D.
Hip and Knee Arthritis Surgery, Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy of the Knee and Shoulder

Specialty:
Orthopaedic Surgery

Sub-Specialty:
Hip and Knee Arthritis Surgery
Arthroscopic Surgery of the Hip and Knee, Sports Medicine

Certifications:
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery

Fellowship:
New England Baptist Hospital
Boston, MA
Otto E. Aufranc Fellow
Adult Reconstructive Surgery of the Hip and Knee
(1988)

Residencies:
Duke University Medical Center
Durham, NC
Orthopaedic Surgery
(1983-1987)

Parkland Memorial Hospital
Dallas, TX
General Surgery
(1983)

Internship:
Parkland Memorial Hospital
Dallas, TX
General Surgery
(1983)

Medical School:
Duke University School of Medicine
(1981)

Pre-Med:
Duke University
Durham, NC
(1977)

Dr. Morris specializes in hip and knee arthritis surgery, sports medicine and arthroscopy of the knee and shoulder.

"I love to hear patients say, 'You've given me my life back, my hip is wonderful, my knee is wonderful, the pain is gone. 'You don't know what it was like before.'  The thing I hear most often is, 'You''ve given me my life back.'"

He says moments like this always make him feel better, even if he's having a blue or off day.

Dr. Morris says with all the advances in technology, he's really excited and encouraged about the future for his patients. He said now that he's been at Jewett for more than 20 years, he's starting to see patients come back after 15 years, and nothing has worn out yet. Given the new advances, he thinks future patients will enjoy even more longevity and wellness.

Dr. Morris also has a strong interest in the mechanical aspects of his field.

"I played a major role in the development of several implants, several designs. I've designed instruments that make my job and the jobs of others easier and more efficient. That's been very gratifying.

Plus, find out the three things he says keep people going through life -- no matter what field they're in.

Dr. Morris even has his own Web site where he has more in depth information and education resources on knee surgery. Click here to visit Dr. Morris's website.

Jewett Exclusives, Jewett Exclusives - Physician Bios, Subspecialties, Subspecialties - Sports Medicine, Subspecialties - Joint Replacement

sports medicine - arthritis - hip surgery - inventions - shoulder surgery - hugh morris - knee surgery

Email thisRSS feed of this content

Post this video to a site:

Bookmark on:

Videos featuring Hugh B. Morris, M.D.

Community Powered by Bolder Health

Jewett History

Jewett has been providing innovative care for over 75 years. See our timeline of progressive leadership. View Timeline »

© 2011 All Rights Reserved. Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic, P.A. by FliteHaus Site Login